Monday, September 21, 2015

Salsa, Pride & Hockey 09/21/15

It's been cooling down over the last few weeks, but something really funny I noticed, I was looking at the Missionary Map in the Burlington Chapel and realized that I am actually a lot farther South than I realized! Even though it's Canada I'm at the same Longitude as like Boise. I'm not that far up here! I've been fantastic and I'm loving Canada more than ever! It's amazing up here!!

Last Preparation day Elder McKinnon and I decided we were going to take the Tomatoes that Mike gave us and make some Salsa, surprisingly, it was really good!! Haha, We also have this huge Pork Roast in the freezer that we don't know how to cook, so we decided to buy a Crock-Pot from Value Village, basically the D.I. of Canada. There are all sorts of goodies in there. 

We got to have a Zone Conference this last week and it was so so so so so good! The instruction we received was on asking people for referals and teaching more by the Spirit! We talked a lot about how to teach the Restoration simply and powerfully! After we had our Conference we got to go meet with Bro. Livingstone, who I love meeting with! The spirit was super strong and he asked some awesome questions that really made me think! Funny thing, Bro. Livingstone also mentioned to me in church that he found my blog online and had read it! So if Bro. Livingstone is reading this, Hey Brother Livingstone!

I also am sending a picture from Zone Conference of my posterity picture (Basically for those unfamiliar with what that means is that Elder Mckinnon is my "dad" and his trainer, Elder Vang, is my "Grandpa".)

At Greta's house this week for Lunch we had a Bosnian Gyro called a Cevapcici, you probebly just pronounced it wrong as you read it cause I can barely say it ;) Basically it was sausage, sour cream, and onions wrapped in Pita bread! Super Yummy

Alanso and Mercedes are doing very good! They are still working towards baptism and I know that they will eventually get there. I love to meet with them and they are so awesome! Mercedes says she just wants to make sure she is getting baptized for her and not Alanso, we are meeting with them on Friday night, well maybe, we have exchanges so I might be in Hamilton? Not sure yet, but hopefully we will help them set a date on Friday!

We have been meeting with Adam Still and it's been really good! Not sure if he will quite reach his Baptism date because he has a few things he is trying to figure out, but he is a super humble guy and I love meeting with him! Hopefully we will meet with him tomorrow!

We also Invited Rocky, MJ, and Setti to be baptized and they said they were open to it if they find out it is true! I'm super excited! Sister Acorda bore a super powerful testimony in Tagalog, man, the spirit was so strong! We also ate dinner with them and had this super good vegetable lasagna and fried fish! They eat a lot of vinegar and I'm really starting to enjoy it! 

Sunday Elder McKinnon and I taught a lesson on Pride and I learned that so much about what Humility is! I would explain it but I thought I would just let you all look it up. It's in the teachings of the presidents of the church; President Ezra Taft Bensen chapter 18.

Well, that's about it for this week! Elder McKinnon and i are headed to Hamilton to play Hockey with the missionaries from the Zone. I'm super excited :) Good ol' Canada, Hockey season starts in not too long! Hahaha!

Love you all

-Elder Taylor

Ether 12:27- "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

No comments:

Post a Comment