Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Wolf, Too Much Food & An Amazing Christmas 12/29..

Hope you all had an incredible Christmas Day! It was awesome to be able to see you on Christmas, Really was such a blessing!

Alanso and Mercedes are doing super well! We still don't have a date set for them yet for Baptism, but hopefully in the next few days we will! Richard, the single Dad we met with last week is doing great as well, we stopped by yesterday and were able to talk about Prayer with him and 2 of his sons! We are still pushing forward with everybody else.  Christmas week is hard because nobody wants to meet because they have family and such, so this week should be lots better for that. :)

We started off our Christmas Week at Niagara Falls with the Aitchisons! It was so much fun! We started off by checking out the Beautiful falls, we then traveled up into the City of Niagara which reminds me of a mixture of DisneyLand and Las Vegas. We had dinner up there and then we went on this huge Ferris Wheel that overlooks Niagara, it was phenomenal! While we were walking down the sidewalk there was this HUGE squirrel, and by huge I mean morbidly obese. You could tell that people feed this thing sugared nuts and popcorn all day long. It ran right up too us and jumped on my knee as I took a picture of it, that things was heavy, luckily it jumped off my leg after a few seconds.

Our Christmas Week had us all over, and everybody wanted to feed us! 

We had Dinner with the Bootland Family Last week and had an incredible dinner, turns out they have a pet wolf! Well, it's like 3/4 wolf and 1/4 Husky to make it legal, but still, it's a flippen wolf. How sweet is that! I forgot to take a picture of it, so I have no proof, but it was absolutely beautiful!

Christmas Eve rolled around and we found ourselves at Lunch with Greta Zelanko. She had us over and invited her two friends over as well! Her friends were from Germany and Slovenia. It was what Elder Jones called my "First European Dinner". It was the loudest dinner I've ever had! I often find myself sitting at dinner tables being the only non-european there! We had a Christmas Rooster for dinner, I didn't even know people at roosters, but it was very enjoyable, and tasted pretty much the exact same as any chicken you buy in the store besides it was a bit less sweet. 

For Dinner the Aitchisons took us to Mandarin, which is very different from the Mandarin in Utah. Here, it is a HUGE buffet. Let me tell ya, missionaries in buffet's are like Kids in candy stores. I had soooo much food. They seriously had more food than I have ever seen. They had everything from General Sou's Chicken to Crab Legs to creme brulee. 

Christmas Morning we woke up and had our typical morning! During studies we were able to read out of Luke 2 and watched the MoTab "Joy to the World"! We weren't able to proselyte on Christmas so we stopped by members and Investigators! We then met up with Jira, who is from Thailand and headed to Skype from there! After Skype we went to Alanso and Mercedes where they fed us Pan con Chipe, which Is a latino turkey sandwich! It was delicious, along with the sandwiches we had rice pudding, horchata, and cheese!

We then had the typical Turkey Dinner with the Bonus', watched some of the MoTab Concert from last year, and then headed back home for the end to a wonderful Christmas Day. In Canada however they have Boxing day, which is the day after Christmas! We love it because everybody is home so we were able to talk with a lot of people! 

Sunday night in Planning we decided we were going to do a Car fast for Monday, so we planned it all out and began to pray for miracles (A car fast is exactly what it sounds like, we don't drive for the day as a sacrifice and pray that we will have miracles). As Monday came around we found ourselves in a In the first snow storm of the year, figures we pick the first snow storm of the year to do a car fast in, but it ended up super well! We ended up walking about 12 Kilometers total for the day! We weren't able to find anybody new to teach the whole Day, but right as we got back to our Apartment last night we got a text, and it was our first media referral throughout the Christmas season! Such a  blessing, we are giving her a call today to get things arranged to meet!

I've been really bad about Ponderize scriptures the last few weeks, but I decided that this week mine is Mathew 25:34-36

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me."

It stands as a perfect example of what we should all do day to day to follow the example of the One who gave all for us. I'm grateful for that example to me! 

I love you all so much! 

Love, Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment