Monday, December 7, 2015

No More Mincement pleeeeease 12/07/15

Boy are we excited for Christmas here in Burlington! Everything here has been super good, I have learned however that I HATE mincemeat. People here love it, and I just can't figure it out. We have dinner with a member family every week and it's always mincemeat tarts for dessert. When I get home I an never eating Mincemeat again :) I don't even know what the stuff is, cause i'm pretty sure it ain't meat. 

Last week we started meeting with Sandy, she is one of the Member's friends here that wants to start coming out to church! She is super awesome, one of the kindest most down to earth ladies I have ever met! She is coming to church next sunday, and we are sooooo excited! We are going to try to set her with a Baptism Date tonight :)

We got a text last week from a guy we met on the street at the beginning of Last transfer! His name is Matt and we ended up sitting down with him and talking about the Restoration! He was baptized as a Catholic not too long ago and he says he thinks that Rehearsed prayers are dumb, so we discussed the Apostasy and he even came to Church on Sunday! He moved here from Russia about 9 years ago and we found out he is only 25, he looks older than that, so we are going to have to pass him to the YSA Elders, Sad day, but he is super solid and wears a super cool bracelet made of pictures of Jesus. He also has the most firm handshake I've ever felt, I feel like the life is getting squeezed out of my hand every time I shake his hand!

Yesterday was Stake Conference here and the focus for the meeting was on Sabbath Day Observance! The First Presidency has been really focused on that recently, which obviously means we aren't doing good enough. I guess we should all focus on making the Sabbath a more meaningful day. In Mark 2:27 it says the "Sabbath is made for Man, not man for the Sabbath" and I love that, it is so true!

Alanso and Mercedes are doing FANTASTIC! They are looking super solid for their Baptismal Date of December 19th, and they have their Interview this week! We are super excited for them, and Alanso asked me to Baptize him, and Elder Jones to Baptize Mercedes! While we had a lesson with them last week we had a cool experience. We found out that Alanso was confused on the whole "Hot Drinks" thing, when he was taught the Word of Wisdom he thought it meant temperature wise, and was confused on why he couldn't drink tea. So he asked for scriptural proof on the tea thing. As I opened to Doctrine and Covenants 89 I was praying that Alanso's heart would be softened and we could say what he needed to hear! After a brief discussion it all made sense to him and we could tell that the Spirit had taught him and softened his heart! It was amazing! Alanso and Mercedes also gave us some Chicherones. If you don't know what they are it's what Nic had on his mission, which is deep friend pig fat. They are super good! Basically like deep friend bacon. 

The First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night was phenomenal! I loved hearing the wonderful messages about Christmas, and I felt like it was the perfect way to start off the Holiday season. If you weren't able to see it, you can watch it online! 

Well, I love you all!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment