Monday, January 11, 2016

Flying South for the Winter

Whelp, we got the transfer news! I'm being Whitewashed into Chatham with Elder Ditty!! Chatham is down near Detroit, so it's a small town there! On the Map it looks like just a bunch for farm land so should be great! I also just found out that it's just a branch down there right now, so I'm excited to serve in a Branch for my first time! There is a ton of work to be done there, so I'm super pumped! Elder Ditty came out with me, he is from Medford, Oregon, crazy eh! Not too far away from the Case's! Along with going to Chatham I've been called as a District Leader! I'm super excited, but super nervous as well! Elder Jones is going to be staying here in the Blessed Land of Burlington with Elder Carrulo who is from the Philippians! That's going to be sweet for them because we have Rocky, MJ, and Setti we are working with, so they will be able to teach the family a lot easier! We transfer tomorrow in Brampton at 9:00am and make the 3 hr drive down afterwards! It's going to be a good transfer, I can feel it! :)

This last week seemed to fly by however, it was a bit of a slower week for some reason, not sure why? It was good overall however, Alanso and Mercedes are looking good for the Baptism on the 30th of January, so it's bitter-sweet to be moving, but the Lord needs me in Chatham, so I'm excited to head that way! I've been here a while so it'll be nice to see some other sights as well :)

On Sunday we saw such an amazing Miracle! We had SOOOO many different people at church It was awesome! On Saturday we did a Car fast and it really worked out! As we were walking down the street we saw a less-active sister biking down the street! So we decided to text here and invite her out the Church this week! She ended up coming and LOVED IT! Miracles! 

We have also been working with Another Sister in the Ward that Hasn't been out for close like 7 years! We had dinner with her on Saturday and Talked with her about it, she expressed how the reason she didn't want to come out is because she didn't want people wondering where she had been and judging her, but we got her to come on Sunday and she LOVED it as well, the members welcomed her back with open arms and the Sacrament Talks were based on The Parable of the Lost Sheep, it was awesome!

Our Gospel Principles class was packed! I've never seen such a full class, it was amazing to see how many people were there! There were seriously close to 25 people in there!

We had dinner with the Frasures last night and had the best Cheeseburger, they are so good and he taught us how to make them, so someday y'all can have some "Dan Fraser's World Famous Cheeseburgers". 

Ponderize this week is 2 Timothy 4:7

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

It's Elder Jone's Favorite scripture and reminds us to always keep pressing forward!


Well, I Love all of you, and I'm excited to tell you all about my First week in Chatham!

Love, Elder Taylor


The Picture is with Brother Neame and Sister Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment