Monday, January 4, 2016

Hello 2016!

Well, we started 2016 off with a bang this week! It was a great week! We saw some mighty miracles!

The Weather here is finally starting to drop, it went from about -2C to -14C from last night unto today, but it still isn't horribly cold! 

 As a mission we started off the New Year by fasting that we would be able to reach our mission goals of having a Baptism in each area each transfer, and by having Sacrament attendance go up to 40%! After having a fantastic fast and testimony meeting, we made our way into the Foyer, where Alanso came right up to us and told us that He and Mercedes had decided that they wanted to be Baptized on January 29th! They are super prepared, I almost started dancing with joy when Alanso told us that at Church! 

Sandy also came to church yesterday for her first time yesterday, and she loved it! She said she felt welcomed with open arms as well, which is always a relief to hear as missionaries! She even gave her friend, who is a member, a ride to church because here car broke down. I never thought that I would see an investigator give a member a ride to church, but I did! 

For New Years Dinner we went to Brother Neame and Sister Anne's home (They are a mother and a son) and we had bacon wrapped quail! I thought it was good, and we had shrimp for an appetizer! Elder Jones isn't a huge fan of seafood or meat on the bone, so I don't think he enjoyed it as much as me! If you've never had quail, basically imagine a full chicken, shrunk down to like a tiny 6 inch bird. It really is tiny, not a lot of meat on them.

Transfers are next week, so I may be leaving Burlington, It'll be weird if I do because Burlington is the only thing I know. It will seem like starting over whenever I leave here. 

I really don't have much more to say than all of this, It was a good week, but not a ton to write about! 

Ponderize Scripture

"Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works."

Jacob 4:10

Love you all so much! Hope you have a wonderful week and a blessed 2016

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment