Tuesday, July 5, 2016

I Love My Mission 6/27/16


It is definitely June, it is so hot and humid outside! Holy cow... hahaha, I can't even believe how hot an humid it is. Feels like South America. Anyhow, here's a rundown of our week!

Taylor, our investigator, is doing super awesome! We committed her to July 30th as a baptismal date, and she was like "definately, she then said, we might have to push it back because I'm having a baby on the 22nd, but let's try for the 30th!!" Oh man, it's so cool, and the gospel is truly blessing her so much! Something really cool that happens in life is when a big change is taking place, a birth, death, move, job change, ect. People become more open to the gospel, because they begin to search for answers to questions like Why am I here?, where did I come from? and Where am I going?

Marlin, our investigator from Mexico decided this last week that she no longer wants to investigate, so that was sad to see, we were pretty devastated by that, but it just isn't her time right now we guess.

Thursday we had Zone Conference, it was absolutely amazing! It was the last time we saw President and Sister Clayton, it was so sad to see them go, but their testimonies were so strong and powerful! they gave us all sorts of advice for after our missions, which was weird to hear, but I took notes so in a year I can pull the notebook out and look back. Next time I see President Clayton might be on the TV screen at general conference! President Shields lands here tomorrow night and as soon as the plane touches ground, President Shields is the new Mission President. Wednesday President and Sister Clayton go to the Temple to learn how to perform sealings and then they fly home early Thursday morning. 


This week I learned a lot about the Power of Priesthood blessings. We were able to give some and be a part of some and the spirit was so strong, miracles were performed, so much council and guidance was given. It's an amazing experience to be able to stand and say the things the Lord would say himself. 

This week is the Last week of the transfer! Week 6 here we come, boy am I excited to see what this week brings!! I'm hoping the I get to stay with Elder McKinnon for his last transfer, but you never know. I didn't think that we were going to have a change last transfer, but lone behold we did!

My mission means so much to me, it's hard to put into words what it means to me, but it has truly changed me, it has made me better, it has taught me what the Atonement is, and how do use it daily. Most important, my mission has taught me that when you lose yourself in the service of others, that is when you find yourself. My desires, hopes, and dreams have completely transformed over the last year. I've learned what it means to have a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and I've learned how repentance truly does work, it's all because of the Miracle of the Atonement. I absolutely love this gospel, I have learned how important it is to turn Doubts into Questions, and when we help others do that, it creates an environment where the spirit and teach us. I'm grateful for the refiners fire, for the change that can take place when one truly submerses themselves in the in Gospel. It's true, it all is, I know it! 

Love you!!

Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment