Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Back to Hamilton 3/13/17

Transfers have once again come, transfer 15 here I come. It's hard to believe, weird. Anyhow, I'm going back to Hamilton! I'm super excited because I'll be in Niagara YSA which covers the entire Hamilton Stake, which means my area covers Burlington again. WAHOOO! I'm super excited, I'll be living Downtown Hamilton in a house with the Down Town Hamilton Elders. Hamilton is quite the place, it's an interesting place. I've only heard amazing things about the YSA Branch there. I'll be there with Elder Spencer, he came out one transfer before me, and seems like a really good guy. I don't know him too well, but I'm pumped to be with him. I could easily be his last companion. Elder Layton is staying here and Elder Madrigal will be joining him. Elder Madrigal is a Portuguese missionary so they are going to be teaching Portuguese here now along with all we were teaching. I'll really miss London, it's sad to leave, but I feel like it's time for me to move onto another place. I've grown to love the people and the area and will forever miss it here!

This week was tons of fun, not tons to report or right about but I'll come up with a few. Funny story, Saturday we had a triple baptism into the YSA branch here and it was super awesome! The water heater here doesn't work super great so when you turn it on you have to turn it just right so you don't run out of hot water. Well, the sisters didn't understand us when we told them that so they filled the font like 3/4 of freezing cold water and then tried to top it off with warm water... well that didn't do anything. I walked over to the font and it was depleted half way, turns out they tried to drain some of the water but the stopper didn't go back in so it was draining fast! We got the plug back in, almost taking a bath on the way. We got the font filled again but it was freezing! So me and Elder Layton had to boil huge vats of water, and right before the baptism, during the talk on the Holy Ghost, we dumped the boiling water into the font. It was still cold, but it warmed it up a pretty good amount!

We had dinner with a family this last week, and while we were sharing a lesson on Faith, their 7 year old son said "I want to bear my testimony" and proceeded too tell us his testimony. It was very powerful and he mustered up what he wanted to share and say, the spirit was very strong. I don't know what they are doing in their house, but they're definitely teaching their children the Gospel the right way!

Kathleen and Aggie are both doing great, They should both be getting baptized in the next couple months! 

I got to go out to Tillsonburg on exchanges with Elder Garner. Let's just say it is a tiny town surrounded by even smaller villages, holy cow did we drive a lot. We were walking downtown and this guy stopped his car in the middle of the road and yelled at us to go see his grandma who was a less-active member. Not everyday someone gives you a referral from the car while driving, anyhow, we went by and there are quite a few non-members that live with her as well. That was sweet! We had dinner with the Branch President and had Moose Spaghetti, *Say in a Canadian Accent* First time I've eaten Moose up here in Canada, eh? 

I want to share a cool scripture from the Sermon on the Mount "And blessed are all the pure in heart, for they shall see God" 3 Nephi 12:8

Yesterday in church the talk was on the Characteristics of the Prophets, and focused on Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith's experience never would have happened if he had never asked with a pure heart, expecting an answer. I hope we can all learn from his example!

Love you all, and don't forget, 7 days without God makes you week

Elder Adam Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment