Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Love The Bus 1/30/17

What a week, I'm sure you're all curious about transfers! We're both staying in London, in fact all the Elders in our ward are staying so it's about to get real. President Shields loves keeping companions together for a longer amount of time and in areas for a long time, which I love. This will be my third area I've spent 6 months in, it's pretty sweet! I love the ward so that's pretty awesome. Something cool, up in Barrie there is now a YSA branch. Elder Bliss (Old Companion) is now in Barrie YSA. I love it up there, I was so happy to hear that, the work there is booming. Also, I just found out that one of my Investigators, James, there is going to be getting baptized in 2 weeks! So awesome! 

This week we had a Zone wide challenge to talk with as many people as we could throughout our days. So in between our appointments we went crazy. We talked to 245 people over a 6 day period. We were pretty impressed to talk with that many along with all of our appointments we had. We some some cool miracles, while we did it we found 4 Less-active members who we are going to go see. Some of them even are part-member families that are pretty interested in learning about the church as well. The time has come! So exciting. 

On Friday the Chinese Sisters needed a car so we got their bus passes :) 
 
 
Best day, I love busing, as a missionary at least, you can always talk with people, it's just overall a great time. We were all over the place, and met some really cool people. The Chinese sisters called us to tell us they were done with the car but we wanted to keep the bus passes. They told us the bus we were about to get on would have nobody to talk to, so we might as well get the car. We had faith and took the 17 bus, and I ended up talking to a lady who has been to church before and has been trying to contact a member of the church for a long time. I was able to get her info to pass onto the member. It was a good thing we got on that bus! 

On Wednesday we had a world-wide missionary broadcast that was live from church headquarters. It consisted of Elder Oaks, Anderson, and Bednar, Sister Oscarson, and the head of the missionary department. It was really good, we talked about the importance of repentance, and how we must teach it very clearly and help those we teach to repent. It was cool, it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately, and I learned a lot about how I can better help people prepare for baptism! One of my favorite quotes was shared by Elder Anderson, he said

"You know you are speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost, when you learn something from what you say."

That is so true, so many times on my mission have I experienced this, in teaching, or in meetings, it's a very cool principle to look at. Lastly in the meeting, our missionary schedule changed. It's still up in the air a bit about what exactly will be different. We have MLC this week where we'll learn everything so I can give a more in depth explanation next week, but basically it give mission presidents more power to make changes to the schedule. Some things that will change is that our planning is now in the morning instead of at night. I'm excited to see what happens. 

Last experience, the Chinese sisters brought an old Taiwaniese man to church yesterday, his name was William. The Sister had to go to the YSA ward so we took him around a bit and helped him out.. He's hillarious, and doesn't hear very well. So you can imagine our conversations were a bit difficult, but hey what a guy. He's coming to church again on Sunday, I can't wait!

That's it for the week, I love you all, don't forget to Pray and Read your scriptures!

-- 
Elder Adam Taylor

Pics....
We have a monthly report that takes a few hours on the phone, so Elder Layton resolved to not have a sore neck this time around.
 
 Also, Paanchi is the squirrel that frequently visits our Balcony, but the birds keep eating the food we leave for him...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment